Catgories not displaying in reports

Options
I am having trouble getting certain categories to show up in some custom reports, like Profit and Loss, etc. If I run full Itemized Categories report, then try to run a P & L or some other customized report, with the EXACT SAME SELECTION CRITERIA, I can't get 4 out of 5 of the Income Categories to show up, nor most of the Expense and subcategories. Yet all are checked the same, criteria for each of the categories (as set up in the Category List) are correct. Something is not triggering them to show up, but I can't find it. I have been ing this problem for months. Thank you

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• SBJPLACE
    SBJPLACE Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes - all that has been done correctly. That is why this is so puzzling. ALL business categories were assigned to appropriate categories.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More details, please.
    Provide a screen snapshot of the Category List (like sample provided by volvogirl) showing some of the categories you're having issues with, together with one that's working correctly in the report.
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest
This discussion has been closed.