improve the search function in the Community

dave hulett
dave hulett Member ✭✭✭
it's very difficult to find anything in the community forum. You've got to allow ability to sort search findings but date or relevance. Even better selecting from words used or an entire phrase. Specifically as it is now searches yield words used. not great but a start. However, q&a posted 10 years ago are useless.
4 votes

Planned · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you worked with the expanded search options?
    Type in your search words, then click the triangle at the right edge of the search box.
    I often use a Date Range to limit the search, as shown here:
    Press Enter to start the search.

Vote on Ideas

Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.

Every vote counts!

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to contribute to your idea.

I wanted to add that searching with quotes can help narrow search results.

Using quotes and the + can also help when looking for specific posts regarding an issue.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • John H
    John H Member ✭✭
    Search in Community definitely needs improvement - especially with Windows vs Mac versions. I use Mac and when I search with Mac as part of the search I get results that are only Windows answers. Example - Mac needs Corporate Name Change but Search returns only Windows solutions
  • RiverView
    RiverView Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka - I don't understand why you'd bother to use quotes around a single word. Can you explain? (e.g., does it match case?) Is there a FAQ for Community functions (e.g., Search) like there is for the Quicken products?
    RiverView: US Quicken Premier Subscriber on Windows 10. Using Quicken on Windows since 2006.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RiverView

Thank you for the response, the one word is a poor example. It can be more helpful to use phrases in quotes, such as "Chase not updating." 

The quotes may reveal a few more posts with the exact phrase but not entirely necessary but is a good option if not locating a post from a general search.

There is a Welcome to the Community section, however, it does not contain a specific FAQ for searching. This Idea post contains the most information in regards to searching the Community.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~