College Planning - how do you plan and track?

I have a 529 for child. I cant synch transactions but no issue there. I would like to have a planner linked to the 529 tracking its current and future values with future expenses. I'm either missing something or this cant be done. I'm hoping I'm just missing something as it seems a very basic thing. I currently do it in excel.

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @mjrudi,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Within Quicken, a 529 is just another tax-deferred investment account.  Quicken does not provided any 529 specific planning tools.  We may project the expected growth and costs in the Lifetime Planner.
  • mjrudi
    mjrudi Member
    To expand further with more detail, this is what I want to do:

-Track my 529 account. I'm in IL and use Bright Start which is not on the list of accounts that can be direct linked so I'm manually tracking. This isnt an issue for me.
    -What I'm looking to do is future planning for the specific 529 account. I would like to see an annual forecast of money in, out, and ending projected balance. I want to make my own assumptions for rate of return, cash going in, and cash coming out of the account annually.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mjrudi said:
    To expand further with more detail, this is what I want to do:

-Track my 529 account. I'm in IL and use Bright Start which is not on the list of accounts that can be direct linked so I'm manually tracking. This isnt an issue for me.
    -What I'm looking to do is future planning for the specific 529 account. I would like to see an annual forecast of money in, out, and ending projected balance. I want to make my own assumptions for rate of return, cash going in, and cash coming out of the account annually.
    I suggest you consider using reminders to project the account balance.
This discussion has been closed.