Failed link for Verizon Residential in Quicken Bill Manager

Every time I try to link Verizon Residential in Quicken Bill Manager I get an error message that my account is locked. Verizon Tech Support has verified that my account is not locked and everything is as it should be. Quicken Support can not see anything amiss at their end. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so any solutions? I would greatly appreciate any help as this problem is causing major frustration and many hours on the phone with both Quicken and Verizon.

Quicken Premier 5.15.3 - Mac OS 10.13.6

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile and research this issue further to determine the cause of the locked account message.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Follow-up to my original comment - Miracles do happen!

I had to pay my Verizon Residential bill this month as I have been doing for years using Quicken Bill Pay because I couldn't link the account as an e-bill in Bill Manager. The payment went through as an e-pay in Quicken Bill Pay as it always has in the Past.

Now all of a sudden I am able to link the account as a Bill Manager e-bill. I guess I will have to wait to next month to see if I can pay the monthly bill using Bill Manager Quick Pay. If it doesn't process I will be back to square one without an answer a to why it wouldn't process. If it does, process, no harm- no foul but a lot of frustration and time spent on the phone without an answer a to why it suddenly did.
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    I guess it was too much to hope for - Verizon Residential on updating is returning the message that my account is "locked" again. I guess I will have to start over again with Support.
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    The account "locked" symptom sounds a lot like an issue I am having with Wells Fargo. I just posted a message in this same sub-forum. I posted a screen shot on my post -- just curious, are you seeing a red circle with a white exclamation point to the name of your account in the list of accounts? With Wells Fargo everything seems to get added properly, but then I get this locked account. I think that error message is misleading and not indicative of whatever is going wrong because I can access the Wells Fargo account online via a web browser without any issues whatsoever.
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    For further info on this subject, see my response to gburlingame on his post regarding Wells Fargo.
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    Problem has not gone away! Spent hours on the phone with Quicken Support and Verizon Tech and no one can supply an answer to the problem - each points to the other as the source causing the problem. Well, I give-up and will just use Check Pay for this e-biller instead of Quick Pay. The issue now becomes one of having to use one of my allotted 6 checks per month that may be needed for other non-e-billers.
This discussion has been closed.