Show previous progress payments on current invoice?

Options
My clients make periodic progress payments on their contracts, for which I must submit an invoice. Is it possible to show on an invoice:
- original contract value
- history of all previous progress payments
- today's amount due
- remaining balance

Comments

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Options
    Hi @jg70124,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

You are able to customize you Customer Invoice to include Payment History but you currently do not have the ability to provide the remaining balance in the invoice.

An Idea may be to provide the original contract value and remaining balance in the "Message to Customer" portion of the invoice.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using Quicken for Windows HB&R Subscription (2020), a printed invoice will contain an extra line at the bottom: "Balance Due"
    You may also want to consider creating and printing Customer Statements to show some detail on invoices, payments received and current balance.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think of Q's "Customer Invoice" as being analogous to a credit card purchase slip.  It only shows THAT transaction, not everything on your account.
    The "Customer Statement" is the counterpart to your monthly card statement.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jg70124
    jg70124 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @UKR or @NotACPA

Is there any way to filter a customer statement so that it only shows payments made for a specific contract or project? I can have many projects with each customer, and I want the statement to only show what's relevant for the current one.
  • jg70124
    jg70124 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Julio :
    >
    > You are able to customize you Customer Invoice to include Payment History >
    >
    How do I do that? I don't see any options in the Forms Designer for including Payment history on an invoice.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jg70124 said:
    @UKR or @NotACPA

Is there any way to filter a customer statement so that it only shows payments made for a specific contract or project? I can have many projects with each customer, and I want the statement to only show what's relevant for the current one.

Sorry, no.
    The closest you can get to what you are looking for is to pull up the Project / Job List from Business tab / Business Actions button. This can be filtered by Customer with additional filters available under the Options button and then printed.
This discussion has been closed.