No Quicken sound on my PC but ok on laptop. Sound ok on all other programs. ???

I have tried every fix I could fine to no avail. Quicken 2015 Starter. Sound just stopped. Sound on all other programs works well. I have checked all the sound fixes on Quicken and Widows = no sound. Quicken 2015 sound works fine on my laptopn as does sound in all other programs. Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mayo Sifford

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

As you mention using Quicken with 2 separate computers, how are you viewing the file on the 2 computers?

Are you moving a copy back and forth or is the file stored in a cloud or network drive and being opened on both computers?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Mayo Sifford
    Mayo Sifford Member ✭✭
    I installed Quicken 2015 on bothe the PC & Laptop. The sound is fine on the laptop but zero on the PC. I have tried everything I know and followed whatever guidance available but still no sound. All other programs aare fine.
  • Mayo Sifford
    Mayo Sifford Member ✭✭
    RE your email: I have a thumb drive connected to my pc, storing the Quicken data. When I use the laptop I install the thumb drive and tranfer data to the laptop hard-drive. When I open Quicken on the laptop the sound is fine. When I return to my pc there is sound on all programs except Quicken which is silent. I have tried Preferences/setup/etc. but still no sound. I have tried everything I could find on Qusicken sound but no help so far. There may be no solution,
    Thank you for your response.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken Sounds (Windows only. Mac has no sounds)

1) Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
    2) In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark. Restart Quicken if you had to make a change.
    3) Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.

• Mayo Sifford
    Mayo Sifford Member ✭✭
    I followed your instructions but all seems to be working OK.
  • Mayo Sifford
    Mayo Sifford Member ✭✭
    Except No sound on Quicken.
  • Porkchop
    Porkchop Member
    I also lost my Quicken sounds on my Windows 10 PC. The problem was due to in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the Sound Scheme somehow got set to No Sounds. Changed it to Windows Default and that fixed the problem.
This discussion has been closed.