Why is reconcile disabled for specific accounts (Q Mac)

SergioDCQ
SergioDCQ Member ✭✭✭
For some reason the reconcile feature is disabled on two acts (out of 6). Not sure why. It's worked before, I scroll through the accounts and reconcile grays out on checking and savings.
The only thing that's changed since I last reconciled, a month ago, is that Quicken ran an update when I started it today (5/30).

Any clues?

Am using Quicken Deluxe 2020 for the Mac
Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being a Mac user myself (I use Quicken for Windows) I can only fire a shot in the dark ...
    What is the Account Type for these two accounts? Is it correctly selected as Account Type = Checking or Savings or did you specify a different account type?
    At least in Quicken for Windows, not all account types (like Cash accounts) are eligible for Reconcile.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have not seen/heard of situations where reconcile is not available-you can do it for all accounts.

The usual culprit is not selecting the actual account name in the sidebar; the user is inadvertently selecting an account grouping name in the sidebar versus the account. This is usually the result of accidentally (or intentionally) collapsing a group listing.

I suggest you click on the sidebar preferences (...) in the Sidebar, and choose to Expand All Sidebar Groups. This should allow you to select the actual account name.

• SergioDCQ
    SergioDCQ Member ✭✭✭
    Nope, am scrolling through each acct. individually. And two of them won’t allow me to reconcile. The rest do.

Something’s really mixed up after that last update install
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can still see/scroll through account transactions when an account grouping is selected. Do you see an additional filter at the top of the register (usually something like "All Savings Account") that allows you to pick accounts, then you are in an account grouping.

If you feel confident you have an actual account name selected, then I suggest you reach out to official Quicken support. There, you can share your screen with them so they can see what is going on.
  • SergioDCQ
    SergioDCQ Member ✭✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > What makes this more confusing is that there are open/close triangles you can see on the high level groups -- Banking, Investing, Property & Debt. But there are also open/close triangles for the sub-groups -- like Cash, Savings, Credit Cards, Brokerage, Retirement, Property, Debt -- and they are invisible unless you hover over the heading. (Not great user interface design, in my opinion).
    >
    >
    >
    > …and then you'll see your actual checking or savings account under the heading.

And THAT was the problem, yes badly designed. Just switched over from the PC 2 months ago, where I didn't have that problem.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.