How to enter exchange trading options

Hello I am trying to enter exchange-traded options into the new Quicken. I sold a put AT&T symbol is
T 201218P00028000. However, Quicken in not recognizing this symbol and will not download the daily prices It used to in the 2017 version. I have recently upgraded. Is there a format you have to use to enter? My broker does not support downloading so I enter all trades manually.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide version and edition of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

For what it is worth, I'm not having any issues downloading the option. 

• K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is expecting the symbols in the format specified by OCC.  See the following link for the specific format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_symbol

Because the format is position dependent it's likely you may not have enough spaces, zeros, etc in fields that are padded with spaces or zeros.
  • pravchaw
    pravchaw Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the response. I using the Deluxe version. I guess the problem is that the quotes are being downloaded (if entered correctly) but somehow Quicken is not able to find the symbol in the lookup.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Examine the graphic that @Sherlock provided vs. your own.  Different symbols, and his works.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    pravchaw said:
    Thank you for the response. I using the Deluxe version. I guess the problem is that the quotes are being downloaded (if entered correctly) but somehow Quicken is not able to find the symbol in the lookup.

This discussion has been closed.