JPM Chase INvestment Account

Options
When updating account with chase.com, there are several issues but the strangest one is how Quicken double counts the cash balance in my investment accounts (both an IRA and a brokerage account). The difference between the real balance and the balance per quicken is equal to exactly the cash balance and I can see how it is in there twice: once as a standalone cash amount and then again as part of s subtotal that is cash+MM/sweep. It is a very specific issue but I have had it across multiple versions of Quicken, on multiple Chase/JPM accounts over the years and I keep waiting for Intuit to fix it but the problem is still there

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Cfriou,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken. You can find this by going to Tools>Account List:

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Cfriou
    Cfriou Member
    Options
    I have set it up with the financial institution as
    "J.P. Morgan Securities"
    and also tried using
    "Chase Investments"
    hoping that change would fix it and it did not. Both choices of institution works for downloading activity since they merged. But neither works properly; both have this issue that relates to the cash balance.

One other point is I think that the problem is small on day 1 and equal to the cash balance. As there are trades with sells generating cash and buys using that cash, the problem gets bigger.
  • Cfriou
    Cfriou Member
    Options
    It appears to be 99.99% solved. It is off by a tiny amount, like just a couple bucks off in one account, but that's fine.
    using the "NEW" financial institution was the fix thanks
This discussion has been closed.