Acquisition with receiving two securities

Options
I had 100 shares of Celgene Corp (CELG). Bristol Myers Squibb CO acquired CELG as of 11-21-19. The press release states as follows:

Upon completion of the acquisition, pursuant to the terms of the merger agreement, Celgene became a wholly owned subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Under the terms of the merger, Celgene shareholders received for each share, 1.00 share of Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock, $50.00 in cash without interest and one tradeable Contingent Value Right (CVR), which will entitle the holder to receive a payment of $9.00 in cash if certain future regulatory milestones are achieved. Celgene common stock ceased trading as of the close of trading today. On November 21, 2019, newly issued Bristol-Myers Squibb shares and CVRs will commence trading on the New York Stock Exchange, with the CVRs trading under the symbol “BMYRT.”

From my brokerage statement I used to have 100 shs of CELG, and now I have 100 shs of BMYRT and 100 shs. of BMY. How do I account for this given that I received both BMY and BMYRT?

I see that there is a “corporate acquisition” transaction, but that seems to be if I receive back one security. Thanks in advance to all who help.

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.