Deleteing Similar Payees

Options
I have some Payees that were duplicated based on a misspelling or having added a subcategory to it. I have not figured out how to get rid of the incorrect or incomplete payee. I have attached a screen shot in which I would like to delete the item circled in RED. It is likely that I am completely missing something obvious.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You don't have two different payees. You can verify this by opening Window > Payees & Rules.

In this case, first entry you are seeing is the Payee (with no fields that will be filled). The second entry is the QuickFill available for that Payee with the Category Personal to be filled.

You cannot eliminate the first entry, but you can eliminate the 2nd one by deleting the QuickFill for this payee at Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules.

If you don't want future QuickFill Rules to be saved by default, make sure to go to Quicken > Preferences > Register and uncheck the box "Automatically create rule..." at the bottom.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • roisenp1950
    roisenp1950 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the response. RickO. Wll that makes perfect sense actually. I knew there had to be a reason for both being kept. I want to keep the 2nd one on the list so it automatically is selected. We shall see.
    I have been a quicken used since 2007 (and stuck with 2007) until about 3 months ago. What a completely new set of procedures. Much improve in many ways. Unfortunately the improvements are sucking me into trying new things which I do not need to even use. LOL God Bless,
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You're welcome.

I want to keep the 2nd one on the list so it automatically is selected. 
    Go to Window > Payees & Rules > QuickFill Rules and double click the rule that you want to be the default. In the Edit QuickFill rule window, check the box "Use this as the default rule if more than one rules exists...".  After the next time you use this choice in the drop down list, it should be pre-selected for future uses of that Payee. In fact, I think this is the case even without the box checked if there's only one QuickFill rule for the payee.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.