recategorizing multiple transactions from within a transaction report

Hello,
I understand how to select multiple categories using command and shift, but when I try to use these methods from within a transaction report it seems to kick me out of the report and into the account from the first transaction that I select. How do I select multiple transactions from within a transaction report and then either retag them or recategorize them please?

Thank you,
Pamela

Best Answer

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @pamela77,

Thank you for reaching out with your additional inquiry!

To best accomplish this, I suggest navigating to "All Transactions" in the left-hand account bar. You will then want to be in the "Transactions" tab.

You can then search for the category you're looking to rename, which will help narrow down the register to display only transactions with that category.

From there, you can highlight multiple transactions, right-click (or Ctrl+click) in the highlighted area, and select "Edit Transaction".

This will allow you to mass edit any of the areas displayed:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pamela77

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Categorizing multiple transactions cannot be done from within a report.

The register will need to be used to edit the categories.

I hope this helps clarify!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    So if I need to recategorize a whole group of transactions, but they are in different accounts, I have to go to each transaction in each account and do them all separately? Is there any other way?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Hello @pamela77,

Thank you for reaching out with your additional inquiry!

To best accomplish this, I suggest navigating to "All Transactions" in the left-hand account bar. You will then want to be in the "Transactions" tab.

You can then search for the category you're looking to rename, which will help narrow down the register to display only transactions with that category.

From there, you can highlight multiple transactions, right-click (or Ctrl+click) in the highlighted area, and select "Edit Transaction".

This will allow you to mass edit any of the areas displayed:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you, that is perfect! Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.