How to fix incorrect matching of downloaded Posting Date to manually entered transaction.

Options
Sometimes when I have several un-reconciled transactions for the same Payee and amount on different days, the Auto-match feature assigns a downloaded Posting Date to the wrong transaction.
When the status of a transaction shows the blue pencil, you can click on it and select un-match to separate the transactions and allow you to select the correct match. Sometimes I do not see the pencil. At that point there is no way to separate the downloaded Posting Date from the manually entered transaction. And you cannot modify the downloaded Posting Date because it is fixed by the downloaded data.
To fix the matching error, you can modify the manually entered transaction Date to the correct value associated with the downloaded Posting Date, and update any other manually entered data fields if necessary. When you save the changes, this transaction will shift in your Register based on the new transaction Date, provided that you Register is sorted by transaction Date.
I recommend that you review your Register to identify a small group of transactions that need to be modified to correct Posting Date matching errors, so that you can verify that all your manually entered transactions are maintained without duplication.
Thank you to Support agent that helped me to understand this.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carl883 said:
    Sometimes I do not see the pencil. At that point there is no way to separate the downloaded Posting Date from the manually entered transaction.

This sort of sounds like for whatever reason (usually because the amounts are different) no automatic match was performed. If that is the case the procedure would be to make sure the amount in the manually entered transaction is the same as the downloaded one, and then click on the Uncleared status of the manually entered transaction and select Manual match.  And match it to the downloaded one, which should have the status of New, and change to New Match after this is done.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.