Delete cloud dataset

Options
In order to restore a QDF file that had been destroyed when the new edition of Edge imported a QIF file into an open QDF file, I replaced it with the most recent backup. Quicken then synced the restored backup to the cloud. I do not want my files on the cloud. I used them on only two computers and I can transfer the files easily. I now find I cannot delete the newly established dataset for the QDF file I restored because it can only be viewed with that file is open. Is there some alternate way to delete it?

Best Answers

Answers

• william.kirchhof
    william.kirchhof Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am mostly interested in knowing what transactions may be in the cloud. I unchecked the sync option and then reset the cloud. Lots of stuff appear to be being loaded like categories and renaming rules, but I didn't see any transactions. Is there some way I can get a report on what is in my cloud?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @william.kirchhof

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

At this time there is no available report to view what information is in the cloud.

Resetting the cloud clears the cloud data and replaces it with the current information from the data file, so if it has been reset recently the cloud will contain the same information as the data file.

If there were a way to view this information, it would not differ now from the data file as the cloud has been reset.

If you haven't already, you may want to review the information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • william.kirchhof
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I have been using Quicken since our son gave it to me for Christmas in 1993 to replace the Fortran program I had used to create my own computer based banking activity. And I am pretty much using it the same way I used in 1993. I have four accounts to reflect my compartmenmtalized life. I have an elderly man's unease in having my account information anywhere than on my own computer. Hence my worry about having account transactions on a server farm somewhere in the breadbasket with all the other farms. I do use Quicken to keep track of my investments but not very different than the way I did it back in 1993. I don't know how much of your client base reflects my own conservatism (but I did vote for Mayor Pete because he speaks French) but if it is substantial, it might be a good idea to allow us to see just what information is there on the cloud. Hackers from Russia do worry me.
  • william.kirchhof
    Options
    Thank you again. I checked it out and got the results you predicted above. My soul rests easy
This discussion has been closed.