How can I combine two transaction entries into one entry with a split?

Options
I collect rent from two parties. Normally, I use the invoice and payment features which seem to work satisfactorily. My problem is each rent received occupies its own line in my main(deposit) register. Since I do not make individual deposits, I would like the register to reflect the combined deposit. I often pull some of the cash from the deposit to pay some expenses. It is easy to show this within a split resulting in an accurate deposit amount.

If I can combine two transactions into one, that would be great even if I have to return to the Rental Properties account and verify that the received payments are properly assigned.

The other way I can show a single deposit is to create each receipt and category expense within a split. Problem then becomes assigning those receipts to the proper renter account within the Rental Properties account. Selecting either the invoice form at the transaction or the payment form neither forms offer a solution.
Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Best Answers

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you Volvogirl for the idea and Boatnmaniac for added clarification. I will give that a try. I do like using the splits for combining and moving money. I know when I am reconciling a deposit from two register entries I can select both to clear.

Answers

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you Volvogirl for the idea and Boatnmaniac for added clarification. I will give that a try. I do like using the splits for combining and moving money. I know when I am reconciling a deposit from two register entries I can select both to clear.
This discussion has been closed.