Third check not printing correctly

I'm using Quicken 2020 on Windows 10 with a new printer and third check only partially prints. The printer prints the date and numerical amount but nothing else (no name, spelled amount, or memo). Cannon Imageclass MF642Cdw set up for partial page printing from Multi-purpose tray, centered, check number goes in first (the printer requires portrait orientation, and on the third check that means check number goes in first). On the Quicken print menu I specify this is the 3rd check and later that it has a tear off strip. It prints only the date and numerical amount and it wants me to feed another check, which I do and it prints the same thing. I've reset both my printer to factory defaults and reset Quicken check printing options per instructions on this web site. Very frustrating - worked fine on my old HP.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Brad Jude,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Brad Jude
    Brad Jude Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23
  • Brad Jude
    Brad Jude Member ✭✭
    Thank you, 3rd check is printing OK now, but printer is signaling paper size mismatch and trying to print it again. It won't take the custom paper size I enter on printer console. I think I need to take this up with Canon or take your Form Leader suggestion.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you feeding this check? In normal portrait orientation? Or sideways like an envelope?
  • Brad Jude
    Brad Jude Member ✭✭
    Took your advice and fed the 3rd check long side (8 1/2") first rather than the 4" side as I had been doing. Set up Quicken for Portrait as in the screen shot you gave me.
This discussion has been closed.