How can I turn on CTL-A to save entries in a register

Today I can't SAVE entry updates for credit cards or bank accounts by using keyboard shortcut. I have to move to the mouse and click the SAVE ICON. Is there way to put it back to keyboard shortcut?

Comments

• Seeker4
    Seeker4 Member ✭✭
    Quicken for Windows just updated to R27.24 today. Keyboard shortcuts stopped working, making data entry difficult as I have to switch between keyboard and mouse for every transaction.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    Which keyboard shortcut(s) is/are not working? All of them or just one in particular?
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4 Member ✭✭
    Well, this was interesting. I looked at the shortcut list in the Help and discovered that the listed shortcuts were not the ones I have been using. For example, I used to use Alt+A to save a transaction when the documented shortcut is Ctrl-Enter. Maybe I have been using some long-obsolete shortcuts. I'll study the current list and update my fingers.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far we are only hearing about the save transaction shortcut Alt+A was broken.  Anything else?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4 Member ✭✭
    I thought Ctrl-S wasn't working but it is now. I was really thrown by the Alt+A being broken and may have not looked at others properly.
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    build 27.1.27.24
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry they broke it.  Most of us have been using Ctrl+Enter.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I believe you meant ALT+A to save, CTRL+A opens the Account List.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you're using CTRL-A to save a register transaction?
    Until they recently broke it, ALT-A was an alternative to clicking the "Save" button.
    See this discussion here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20101445#Comment_20101445
    and note the other available keyboard alternatives for saving a transaction.

This discussion has been closed.