How to get Billpay to function

I've been using Quicken for years and as a result, my QDATA file is very large. I recently had support assist me when I could not get Billpay (new version) to work. During that process, it was recommended that I would need to purge my data file and start over because there appeared to be corruption in my file somewhere that was causing my problem. I have resisted that idea. Any suggestions? I am on Windows 202 Version R27.24

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please describe the problem you are experiencing in more detail.  
  • patrickclements
    patrickclements Member ✭✭
    When I try to set up an online bill in the bill sand income area it gets the following error: "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. please try again later." When I called technical support some weeks ago to try to address this, after nearly an hour of working together including several attempts at "validate and repair" the person I was talking with suggested that I may need to create a new file and reinitialize. I felt that a bridge too far so I have done nothing, but in fact, I would like to implement this function for my system.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    When I try to set up an online bill in the bill sand income area it gets the following error: "Unable to update billers. Quicken could not retrieve the list of billers. please try again later." When I called technical support some weeks ago to try to address this, after nearly an hour of working together including several attempts at "validate and repair" the person I was talking with suggested that I may need to create a new file and reinitialize. I felt that a bridge too far so I have done nothing, but in fact, I would like to implement this function for my system.
    Is the issue limited to a specific Online Biller?
  • patrickclements
    No, it seems to be any online biller.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, it seems to be any online biller.
    Are you able to add an Online Bill if you use a new Quicken file?
  • patrickclements
    Yes, I created a test account, sync'd a cecking accoount and was able to connect with an online vendor.
  • patrickclements
    I should have said, test file. And I was able to create a link to an online bill.
This discussion has been closed.