Be able to set sort order to your own preference

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
I prefer to have my register show my transactions sort order to: (by Date, order entered) because as it is now if I change accounts, or when I open quicken the default is just: (by date). I'd like to be able to set it to whatever I want and for it to stay that way until I change it myself. Why is the sort order set to by date only as default anyway...is there a good reason it always defaults to that? Please vote to allow us what sort order we want for our transaction, and keep it that way until I choose to change it.
Tagged:

Comments

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I didn't myself clear. If I change the sort order by hierarchy then revert back to the original, then I must reset the sort order back to date/order entered. It would be nice to have it, where I set it when I manually return. I know now what is happening and Quicken will never change it. Thanks for the response
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh?  If you change the order then of course you have to change it back to the way you want.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    TJ102 said:
    If I change the sort order by hierarchy
    Define what you mean by hierarchy. Are you saying you click on one of the column headers to sort?  If so that is the same as going to the sort menu and changing it.
    They are not separate options that can be "reset" some way.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Taking the idea a bit more in depth.  Clicking on the Date column header is equalvant to selecting Date in the sort menu.  I can see how if you like to sort by Date/order entered that wouldn't be the preferred action.

You might create an idea to be voted on so that it is an option of what clicking on the Date column header selects in the sort menu.

BTW the reason it isn't the default is because in fact sort by Date alone is actually preferred by people because it orders deposits before withdraws.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You are both right! I've been dealing with quicken long enough to know that this is something that quicken will never change. They've always got much bigger fish to fry, then to worry about an inconvenience 1 user has. It's survival of the fittest out there. We've all wasted to many keystrokes over this one, and the big fish will never all get fried! Thanks though. Quicken user since 1998!
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1 step to change sort order, 2 steps to return to where I set it to start with. Is that progress?
This discussion has been closed.