Why do some properties get their own tax line items on the schedule E report?

Options
I have several properties. For some reason of which I cannot figure out, when I run a schedule E report, some of the properties will fall under a general tax line item. Then some of the properties will each have their own tax line items. For example, for properties A, B & C, the Schedule E line items might look like this..
- Taxes
1/22/20 Checking Account County Auditor Taxes(Rental) Property A $100
1/22/20 Checking Account County Auditor Taxes(Rental) Property C $200
- Taxes[Property B]
1/22/20 Checking Account County Auditor Taxes(Rental) Property B $100
Is there a reason why some properties would just fall under one of the tax line item and other properties get split into their own tax line items? Any help would be appreciated. I would just like it to be consistent.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello @terrybrand98

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by looking at the tax assignment assigned to the categories associated with the properties and see if that provides any insight as to why the tax assignments differ.

For steps on viewing the tax assignments please see the information available here.

If this doesn't help, I would contact support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has tools such as screen share to view the issue in real-time and help provide a solution.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @terrybrand98

Check the tags used in your transactions. My understanding is on the list example you provided the first transaction will have no tag. While you third transaction has a tag for "Property B". This is by design since that is what tags are for to create another dimension to subtotalling. If you keep your tag use consistent then they will all appear together, eg. assign a tag to the one that are unassigned.
This discussion has been closed.