Why are my report column settings (width) not saved?

My report column widths are not saved. I have to drag them wider each time I run a report. This is very annoying.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Temreguy2
    Temreguy2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Reply to ps56k: I'm running Quicken Deluxe R27.24 (build 27.1.27.24) on Windows 10. I have auto updates turned on and the Help menu says I'm running the current version. My screen is 23" wide.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Temreguy2 said: My report column widths are not saved.
    Just to clarify - What version are you running....
    did you recently update the Quicken software ?
    ... Help --> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Temreguy2
    Temreguy2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Reply to ps56k: I'm running Quicken Deluxe R27.24 (build 27.1.27.24) on Windows 10. I have auto updates turned on and the Help menu says I'm running the current version. My screen is 23" wide.
  • I updated my quicken and ran a saved report I run every month to file taxed from and it is all messed up. the columns overlap and some are not justified correctly. Did something change in this update that could have screwed up the report since I ran it last month. This report just shows income for last month and 5 or 6 columns and never really changes
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Try:  Open report > Customize Gear icon at the top right > Display tab > Reset Columns (under Show Columns) > OK.
    Did this resolve your issue?  If not, could you take a snapshot of what you are seeing (you can edit out any confidential information), save it as a picture file and attach it via the icon circled in red?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• The image is how the report opens every time even if I save it. the other is how I adjust it and it used to look with some differences. Seems like that has happened on a previous update a while back.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the report format left justified column has been reported as a bug. If you search the forum, you should see references to it.
  • Well I use quicken every day and have installed updates whenever they say there is one. This one said bug fixes but it should have been label more bugs.

I have been using quicken since the mid 90's before windows came out. Sure wish they would check the changes out before sending out updates especially if they say they contain bug fixes.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    @joe - The column width issue has been reported as a concern by others.  There is a request made to address this issue and Quicken is taking it into consideration for a future improvement:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7827617/qwin-reports-default-column-width-13-merged-votes/p1.  If you support this idea, please be sure to click on the Vote button right under the initial post of the idea (as shown circled in red below).  The more people who vote for the idea, the more likely Quicken will put it into their development plan.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.