Barclays download error cc-501

For 2 days in a row now I'm getting the CC-501 error when downloading from Barclays during One Step Update. No problems with any other of my accounts.
 ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I reported the problem to Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    That was probably a good move on your part.  Doing Update Now is simply OSU for one account and should be safe to try because it doesn't actually change anything with regard to your connection setup.  When that doesn't work many people will try to reset their credentials via Reset Account and/or Deactivate/Reactivate which can be effective but it is more "disruptive" to your connection method.  But when the error code is CC-5XX and there is also an error message like this it can cause issues that cannot be reversed.  Quicken Support can quickly get your CC credentials reset without impacting your data file (something we can't do from within Quicken).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Still happening today but this time I tried selecting the "Try Again" button that is displayed on the error message in the One Step Update summary display. It appeared to be performing extra communications during the retry, perhaps healing itself. Anyway, it successfully completed the download so it appears to be fixed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great!  Thanks for the update.
    "Try Again" initiates "Update Now" without having to go to the Account Register.  I prefer to go to the Account Register and actually click on "Update Now" out of habit because "Try Again" has sometimes (long ago) not worked as reliably for me.  Maybe that issue of long ago no longer exists.  I'll have to try that, again, when it next comes up for me.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.