How to get return (%) on my investment including all dates

Ajay
Ajay Member ✭✭✭
Under the Investing tab, is there a way to get the average annualized return for ALL dates since the date of investing. I can use ARR only for a specific number of years (1, 3, 5) but not for the dates I started investing in.
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I think you will find that if the start date is prior to your initial investment, the AAR is computed from the initial investment date. 

For example if you have held a security for 1.5 years, the 3 and 5 year returns will be the same.

If you want to see the AAR for a date range other then the fixed ranges in the Portfolio view, you can set a custom date range in the Investing > Investment Performance report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you must be careful about the names of the various performance measures in Quicken. Return (%) is not the same as Avg. Annual Return (%). 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ajay
    Ajay Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Jim_Harman. I am currently using the "Investment Performance Report" to achieve this but it would be great if AAR can show it under the "Investing > Performance" and "Investing > Portfolio" tab for a quick glance rather than generating the report.
  • Ajay
    Ajay Member ✭✭✭
    Also you must be careful about the names of the various performance measures in Quicken. Return (%) is not the same as Avg. Annual Return (%). 
    Got it.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajay said:
    Under the Investing tab, is there a way to get the average annualized return for ALL dates since the date of investing. I can use ARR only for a specific number of years (1, 3, 5) but not for the dates I started investing in.
    I suggest you vote up this idea:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7875558/investment-portfolio-view-include-arr-for-all-dates

• Ajay
    Ajay Member ✭✭✭
    @q_lurker , done. 
This discussion has been closed.