Can I install an earlier version of Quicken [Mac]?

zzhog5809
zzhog5809 Member ✭✭✭
I currently have 5.16.1 on an iMac running macOS 10.15.5.
I like earlier version better and would like to install it. I don't know which earlier version, so can I pick and choose?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You can install older versions, but there are some caveats:
    1. Your data file is not backwards compatible.
    2. Quicken 2018 and later are the only supported versions that will run under 10.15.5.
    If you are thinking about Quicken for Mac 2007, that won't run under 10.15.5
  • zzhog5809
    zzhog5809 Member ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to go back one version which would be 15.3.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There's no provision to do that. If you have a Time Machine or other backup of your computer from the time you had 5.15.3 installed, you could restore it from the backup. But as John noted above, you'd also need a version of your Quicken data file from the same time, as you can't use a later data file with an earlier version of the software.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • zzhog5809
    zzhog5809 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I have the Time Machine version of 5.15.3. I just don't understand the need to change the data file format.
  • zzhog5809
    zzhog5809 Member ✭✭✭
    @jacobs I wanted to go back to 5.15.3 because of the quick fill bug introduced in 5.16.1. I tried opening the latest data on a version earlier than 5.13.1 and it indeed failed. 5.17.1 version just came out, but quick fill is still broken. I will just put up with it.
  • jacobs
    What QuickFill bug are you referring to?
  • jacobs
    Ah, right; now I remember that thread. I don't have too many hidden Payees, but even when I run into that, I don't find it much of a problem. I'd think the new stuff in 5.16 and 5.17 makes it worth dealing with the auto-fill annoyance… but we all use Quicken differently.
This discussion has been closed.