Connection to Fidelity

Options
Perry Smith
Perry Smith Member ✭✭✭
My main stock portfolio is with E*Trade and my 401(k) is with Fidelity. In Quicken, I have the E*Trade account set up as a "direct connection" while my Fidelity account is currently manual. I have a vague memory that I tried connecting the Fidelity account and it "worked" but something about it was quirky so I switch to manual but that was over two years ago and I don't remember the details.

What I'd like to do is move my E*Trade over to Fidelity because they offer fractional shares. However it isn't a super big deal with me especially until I find a new job.

Can others comment on how well their Fidelity account(s) works via direct connection and also if multiple accounts work properly? I don't want to go through this change and end up in a much worse place than I started from.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Is your 401k with Fidelity Investments?  Or Fidelity NetBenefits?
    Because Fidelity Investments is, usually, downloaded via Direct Connect automatically.
    And I BELIEVE (but haven't checked) that the same is true for NetBenefits.
    Per your last question, in my Q data file there are currently 4 Fidelity accounts, all of which download via DC.  At an earlier time (before some consolidation) I had 7 accounts downloading via DC from Fidelity.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.