Why are some Prev Close prices missing?

Options
Bosco
Bosco Member ✭✭✭
On the Investing screen viewing by performance group, by security, for all investing accounts, there are a few Prev Close prices missing. A couple funds and a couple of stocks are missing the data. The Security Price History view shows there are current prices.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I contacted the support team and they walked me through exporting a Windows qxf file. That right! This is a Mac issue but Quicken only has the Windows export! After exporting the file I had to create a new Quicken file and import the qxf file. The prices were there afterwards. However, additional setup needed to be done for the automatic online account updates for Chase and Citibank accounts. The Chase account updated properly after the online update but the Citibank Visa account had a lot of duplicates that I had to manually delete. It's all working now. The support person was very good and patient walking me through the process.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello Bosco

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still experiencing this trouble, please try updating rebuilding the history on one of the securities that is experiencing this trouble.

To do this, navigate to Window > Security and choose the affected security.

Open the security and navigate to "Price History" and choose "Options" then "Rebuild History"

After this has been completed, is the previous close price still missing?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Tyka,
    I executed the rebuild history for one of the securities and the Prev Close is still missing. I even quite Quicken after the rebuild and after restarting the security still didn’t have a Prev Close price. The history shows a closing price for 5/29/20.
    Quicken 5.16.1
  • Bosco
    Bosco Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I contacted the support team and they walked me through exporting a Windows qxf file. That right! This is a Mac issue but Quicken only has the Windows export! After exporting the file I had to create a new Quicken file and import the qxf file. The prices were there afterwards. However, additional setup needed to be done for the automatic online account updates for Chase and Citibank accounts. The Chase account updated properly after the online update but the Citibank Visa account had a lot of duplicates that I had to manually delete. It's all working now. The support person was very good and patient walking me through the process.
This discussion has been closed.