Bills - Allow Custom icons (10 Legacy Votes)

I love that the look of Quicken is maturing.  When enabling bills, it now shows the logo of the biller (ie NetFlix).    This is GREAT and makes it much easier to glance at.

However the vast majority of my Bills are not supported billers.  (ie town Water bill, music lessons for my daughter etc)

I should be able to attach my own logo to any recurring bill.   Ideally this should also have some indicator of whether it is an online biller or custom.  
9 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Great idea. Currently the majority of the icons are the same, which basically just clutters the list.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I came here specifically to ask if there was a way to do this. I would definitely like this feature to be added. I have a lot of generic blue icons in my bills section and it would be helpful if I could upload my own images when a logo doesn't automatically show up after added a bill.
  • JeremyG
    JeremyG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    And now that I'm thinking of it.  Not everyone has the patience or desire to upload their own logos.  So, it would be a good idea to have a collection of generic logos icons that people can choose from.  

- A music note for music lessons
     - A water faucet for water bill
     - A lawnmower for landscaping
     - A barbell for gym membership  
     - etc
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Agreed. At the very least, a collection of different icons would be great!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Ridley, you'll want to vote this idea up by clicking the Vote button in the topmost post.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Done!
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• steebadeeb
    steebadeeb Member ✭✭
    I still think this idea is worthy to see an icon for each of your bills. Unfortunately, this is only available when you link your bills to an online biller which I don't care for because you can't see your recurring bills out past a month. They say waiting for update from biller. Also, in a test file I use to try out different things, it doesn't update properly sometimes.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Every vote counts!

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.
    Adding extra comments helps, but does not automatically increment the vote count.

• urty24
    urty24 Member
    This is a great idea. I came here looking for this. When you get a bunch of bills that are not linked to an online bill everything runs together and becomes difficult to differentiate.
  • Black Rabbit
    Black Rabbit Member

I Vote for uploading a custom image