Oops Clarification

I know they are supposed to be working on the "Oops" problem with being able to sign in and as a work around they suggest:

To sign out:
Go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side of the window.
In the dialogue window that opens, type "yes" in the box to confirm you want to sign out.
Sign back in to Quicken when presented with the sign-in window.

But how are you supposed to sign out when you cannot get into Quicken at all? The sign in page come up (which it never did before this issue) and when you put your password in the "oops" statement comes up. I cannot sign out and sign in with another ID because I cannot sign out. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• PhilM
    PhilM Member
    Thank you, I had the same problem, your explanation clarifies how I can get access to my data file. I guess we must do these addition steps for each new launch of Quicken until a solution is deployed. Hopefully we will not have to wait too much longer.
  • brelausto
    brelausto Member
    Thank you Hugh. That worked great.
  • haymags
    haymags Member
    So I tried all the suggestions above, spent an hour on the phone with Quicken Tech Support and I'm still stuck with 'Oops something went wrong' Is that file just stuck forever??? Sigh! :s
  • Earl
    Earl Member
    I too have tried the workaround, did not resolve my problem, have called Support 4 times, always told my problem has been escalated and wait for Quicken to email me which never happens. I am completely locked out of my account on the web and my Quicken files. This has been going on a week now. How does one gain access to their files and get help?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Earl,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have been unable to resolve this Oops message.

May I ask, are you able to sign in to Quicken.com without any issue?

Also, are you using the current subscription version or an older version of Quicken?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • chan_rao
    chan_rao Member
    Yes I can login successfully to quicken.com
  • chan_rao
    chan_rao Member
    I am using Quicken 2020 - current subscription
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chan_rao

Thank you for the response, to confirm have you already tried to sign out and sign back in?

If that did not work, did you try the workaround of creating a test file in an attempt to sign in?

If not, please take a moment to review the steps provided previously by Quicken Hugh.

Hello @brelausto,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. Let's see if we can help you around the conundrum.

• In the upper left hand corner of Quicken, click on File > New Quicken File
    • Next, you should get a pop up box which has "New Quicken File" pre-selected. Do not change the radio button to "New Quicken Account".
    • Click OK in the pop up box.
    • In the pop up box, in the "File Name" data entry field, create a new file named "Test" or some such. 
    • Open and sign into the new "Test" file using your normal Quicken ID (your email address), and the same password you would use to sign in at Quicken.com.
    • Within the Quicken software: Then go to the upper left hand corner, select File again.
    • In the drop down menu, you should see a blue check mark and #1 next to your "Test" file name. 
    • Below that, #2 should be the name of your real working data file. Open your real working file.
    You should now be back into your working data file, and also properly signed into Quicken, both.

Hope that helps you get past the conundrum.

-Quicken Hugh
    Please let us know how it goes and what issues you encounter when attempting these steps.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.