Cleaning up payees

Options
My file of payees is a mess. I have duplicate payees I would like to merge --
I have payees that do not have categories and would like to add them.
In would like to to add categories too all the existing transactions.
I would like to have the last paid amount show up when I post a new transaction
This was a feature that was taken away and caused the mess.
Thanks

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Dan McCarter

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your questions, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To merge payees, please take a moment to review the steps and information at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878508/has-osu-behavior-changed-for-express-web-connect-accounts#latest

To add categories to transactions, you may be able to edit transactions "en masse" by highlighting several transactions and editing the category to include transfer.

I would start by searching for a payee/category to isolate the transactions that you would like to edit.

I would then select Command + A to highlight the entire register.

I would then navigate to the "Edit" option along the bottom of the register and type "Transfer" under the category to select the appropriate account.

The only caveat being, split transactions can only be edited individually and the process can not be applied to split transactions.

To control the amount that is used when creating a new transaction, please navigate to Window > Payees & Rules and review the Quickfill rules associated with the payee in question.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.