Quick Subscription Assoc with Different Quicken ID than Q2017

Have been running Q2017HB, installed via disk, probably purchased from Costco. Used one of my emails as the Quicken ID. Just purchased the Subscription QHomeBiz thru Amazon which is associated with a different email address.

After installing the download, Quicken is telling me my subscription is associated with a different email than my historical Quicken ID. Obviously a result of the email associated with Amazon.

It appears the instructions are telling me to change it to the downloaded email assoc with Amazon but it also gives me the activate button.

Before I disassociate my history Quicken ID ... here are some questions:

1) Do I have to use the Amazon email as a new Quicken ID?
2) Can I get the existing Quicken ID associated with the new subscription?
3) Any good/required reasons to switch the Quicken ID email?
4) Any good reasons why not to switch the Quicken ID email?
5) Searched for such a scenario but did not find one ... any published HOW TOs for this so I don't screw something up?

Thank you in advance for your help!

LarryG in Missouri

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same spot and would hope not to lose anything or any settings in this transition I have to do this week. Question on your reply @thecreator. You say:

If you are using a Data File Password with Quicken, you will run into a Quicken Activation Server Bug.

What exactly does that mean? Do I have to remove the password from my data file? Never even knew I could. Using 2017 H&B.

And any other gotchas?
    Thanks!
    ~Bob
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bob. ,

It looks like this:

That is from Quicken Subscription product.

To remove a password and not use a File password, enter the current password after dotting to Use without a password.

To fix this, reinstall Quicken according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Do not skip a step, otherwise it won't work.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for a speedy reply@thecreator, but still confused. Are you saying I HAVE to remove the password from my current 2017 data file before updating to subscription? I intend to install over 2017., not uninstall. Nowhere else do I see this mentioned.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bob. ,

No. I am not saying to remove your Data File Password

I saying if you are activating Quicken Subscription, with an Activation Code, you will be seeing the bug in action. when you close and reopen Quicken.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• larryg_lslmo
    larryg_lslmo Member ✭✭
    Hey @thecreator ... Sorry for the delay in responding but YES, your answers helped. I was just at a fork in the road ... whether to hit the activate button OR associate the subscription with the Amazon email vs my established email. THANKS.
This discussion has been closed.