Uploading QFX file

I want to upload transactions from a QFX file. I was able to do it before the update to 5.17.2 for Mac, but it's not working now. Drag/drop into the active account window is not working, nor is File>Import. I know I can't upload a CSV file; and I tried a QIF file for grins, and that failed.

FYI I have not connected this particular bank account to Quicken because a) I have no Bank ID to enter into the settings; and b) I don't want to. My preference is to download the QFX data from my bank then upload it into Quicken.

How can I upload transactions?

Answers

• dishcb
    dishcb Member ✭✭
    My bank is listed in the system, and I can download QFX files for my account. But what is the Bank ID I need if I want to connect my bank account to my Quicken program?

The bank is Community Banks of Colorado (www.cobnks.com). (For some reason, it's listed in your system as Community Banks of Colorado BeB.)

The settings process asks me to enter the same info I do for my online banking, but my online banking doesn't ask for a Bank ID or any other 3rd piece of info.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What exactly does "not working now" mean? Errors? Nothing Happens?

What bank?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    And, do you truly mean "upload"?  Because copying transactions from your bank/card/etc to Quicken is usually designated as a "download".
    If you do mean "upload", what's being uploaded?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dishcb
    dishcb Member ✭✭
    To @John_in_NC, "not working now" means nothing is happening. The bank is Community Banks of Colorado.

To @NotACPA, I mean "download".

Thanks!
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dishcb Is this the screen you are referring to?

I don't bank with CBoC but I have never seen this "Company ID" field when I set up any of my accounts. Maybe call the bank and ask them for help about setting up Quicken. 
  • dishcb
    dishcb Member ✭✭
    Dennis@1, yes, that's the screen. Guess I'll have to call the bank.
  • dishcb
    dishcb Member ✭✭
    To @NotACPA, I was wondering if you have any ideas as to why my file is not downloading. Thanks.

> @NotACPA said:
    > And, do you truly mean "upload"?  Because copying transactions from your bank/card/etc to Quicken is usually designated as a "download".If you do mean "upload", what's being uploaded?
  • dishcb
    dishcb Member ✭✭
    It's a mystery, but my files downloaded. I have no idea why.
This discussion has been closed.