Year End Copies

I preformed the yearend copy asked all trans prior to 1/12014 be removed, but they are still there. They are not investments and are reconciled? How do I remove them?
Quicken Home, Biz, Rental Property yr 2020, Ver R27.42, Build 27.1.27.42 Windows

Comments

• Hello @ DLS 

Thank you for posting in the Community though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the year end copy. The process and specifics that you have described indicate that the transactions prior to 1/1/2014 should not be included in the current file. You’ve done it exactly right. I’ll just include a couple of screenshots to be sure that you are seeing the correct popup options in the product.

Here is the first window, you'll choose the 2nd option "I only want transactions in my current data file starting with this date:" There you'll choose the date 01/01/2014

The date field on the bottom should auto populate with the date 12/31/2013.

The next window will appear like this: 

Just be sure that you are selecting to use the CURRENT FILE. 
    If these are the options that you are seeing, if you are entering the dates as described and when the current file opens, you are still seeing the transactions prior to 01/01/2014, please let us know.

Thank you 
    - Quicken Diana

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this FAQ: FAQ - Year End Copy and confirm that you have met all of the requirements for the older transactions to be removed.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Thank you both the responding. The snaps of the windows helped. The problem is on the first window the second date field is 12/31/2019 and greyed out I cannot change to 12/31/2013?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DLS
    Ignore the second date field, the archive file is a complete copy (nothing removed) of the original data file.
    That date field is only used if you select "Do Nothing" and it changes the information kept in the archive data file.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• DLS
    DLS Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Unreconciled is the problem. I appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.