Something has changed, cannot see area to sign in on my discover credit card on one step

Trini
Trini Member ✭✭✭
I use one step to update my accounts. Today I did not get the space to manually type in the pwd for my Discover acct. which was added and activated years ago. It is not a newly added account. I do not have pwds stored in Quicken's vault. I clicked on the ? next to the account in one step and saw this. "Discover card account center is an EWC activated account for which credentials are encrypted and stored in Quicken at the time of account addition. This reduces aggregation issues and simplifies sync across sources". So I cannot even see the password. What if I need to change it? And who made the change without my knowledge. I signed on on Tuesday and entered the pwd manually as usual. What changed between then and today. And how can I change it back?

Thanks for any assistance can be provided

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like all that has changed is that they put in the help icon and you clicked on it, and it gave you information about what has always been true of Express Web Connect.

What the message is getting at is that Express Web Connect works by the Intuit server logging into the financial institution's website as you, and downloading the transactions, which it then holds for when you ask Quicken to get the transactions.
    To do this your username and password is cached on the Intuit server.  Note that Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service.

As for changing your password, when you type in a new password when update in Quicken that will be passed on to the Intuit server and updated/cached.

Here some information about the different connection types:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Here is the section on Express Web Connect details.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response but I don't understand. Note that I have other accounts that I download from and for those I type in the password manually. Up till Tuesday this was the same for Discover. The only reason I clicked on the ? icon is because that is all I could see next to the Discover name and since I could not type in the Discover pwd I figured it could help me and it gave me the message I put in my question above. None of my pwds are stored in Quicken as far as I know, at least I have never stored them, I enter them each time I do one step. And that was also true of my Discover account until today.

I also do not see how I can update the Discover password if I cannot get to type in a password. You said when I type in a new password it will be updated but I cannot type in any password now.

Appreciate your time and information but not sure I understand what it all means.

Is there any way to go back to just typing in the Discover pwd when I do one step like I still do for my other accounts?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Trini I see now that I was confused by your question, I thought you were just asking why they are caching the password, not that the entering of the password change behavior.

There is another thread here on that, and the speculation (which I think is right on) is that it is tied into them switch to a different "connection channel" called QCS which Quicken Mac has been using for years.

Please see this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20107529
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Any idea how I can get into the vault to delelte the pwd from in there? I have never used it or put anything in it.
  • Trini
    Trini Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Good to know. Please send out a notice when next these changes are made. Takes too much time trying to figure out what is going on. Hopefully this now means I could get to download from Wells Fargo without having to go to the WF site like I have had to do over the past couple of years. I have never set up or used the vault or put anything in it so I could not login to it but I was able to delete the vault so I guess there was something in there?
This discussion has been closed.