Having an issue with Paycheck - date & transfers

Recently started having an issue with paycheck transaction being properly recorded.

Paycheck is scheduled every two weeks and is a split transaction with multiple lines (taxes, insurance, savings, etc.). Several of the lines are transfers; for example, one line is a transfer to savings account.

In the past month or so, running into an issue with date and transfers being properly reflected. On deposit date, two transactions are now appearing. One transaction reflects the net deposit and looks typical and includes a line for the savings transfer. A second transaction appears in the amount of $50, which is the amount being transferred to savings. This second transaction, has all the split lines that my normal paycheck transaction has, but net amount is $50.

There are other transfer lines in this transaction and it seems like any line that is a transfer is having an issue. Unlike the savings account transfer, the other transfer lines are for items not set up with automatic download.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? I could just delete this scheduled transaction and re-set up.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @Dorothy H,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I have a feeling you are right on target with scheduling before download.

I currently have it set up with the paycheck transaction occurring on Friday (payday); however, bank processes paycheck during the Thursday night cycle. I have a feeling this mismatch is throwing things off.

I'm going to alter the paycheck scheduling date to Thursday and see if that works next time around.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would make sure that the transaction is actually entered into your register before you do the download as opposed to just having it scheduled. Otherwise, Quicken may still try to create a transaction with the categories.
  • Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    Question: On the Bills and Income > Transactions Detail screen, there is a drop down menu for Mark As Deposited. Three options listed in the drop down menu are:
    1. I'll do it myself
    2. Automatically
    3. Before scheduled date

Currently I have the first option selected. Thinking I should change to #2 (automatically). This would ensure the transaction is entered prior to downloading, correct?
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I also have "I'll do it myself" checked. I don't think it matters which one you choose as long as the transaction gets entered ahead of when it gets downloaded. What you're trying to do it "train" Quicken to "learn" the right category.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Check out this thread. SuperUser UKR suggests basically the same thing.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878765/auto-match-q-mac#latest
This discussion has been closed.