Disappearing transactions (Q Mac)

bshopay
bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken for Mac - I have been encountering a problem where at times I will see a transaction download from my bank and then later it disappears. I do an update again and the transaction will not download, even if I set the download since date back a couple days. This forces me to manually enter the transaction. Today for example, I did my usual update of accounts and it downloaded transactions from my bank. I see a paycheck deposit and it appears in my register. I go about my business of checking account balances for other accounts but when I return to checking I see that the paycheck deposit is now gone and my balance as gone down as expected. I try to do another update of that account and it will no longer download that transaction.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bshopay

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to better help me better understand what could be happening.

First, can you verify where the data file is stored?

This can be located by holding the "Control" key on the keyboard and clicking the file name along the top in Quicken.

In this path, do you see any mention of Dropbox or iCloud?

If the active file is stored in a cloud drive, this can cause the behavior that you have described.

Next, do these transactions ever get reconciled? Do they go missing after being reconciled?

Last, what is the name of the financial institution that this account is associated with? May I ask that you navigate to settings in the bottom right-hand corner and provide the connection method being used?

Please let me know so we can get to the bottom of this!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    The path to the file is /Users/brandonshopay/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents

I do reconcile about every other month. I am due to reconcile again so it hasn't been done for a while.

The FI is Mountain America Credit Union and the connection type is direct connect.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bshopay

Thank you for the response and for confirming the file location.

To be sure we have checked everything, is it possible that the register is being filtered and this is causing the transactions to appear to be missing?

This is what the tabs of an unfiltered register should look like. This will show all of the transactions for the account.

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    No they are not being filtered. Mine looks just as you have shown.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to double check ... which of the three buttons in the first line of the register view is depressed (selected)?
    If, for example, "Spending" is selected, your paycheck or other income transactions will not be shown in this register view.
    "Transactions" must be selected for a complete view.

This discussion has been closed.