Why is the Income and Expense Grand total incorrect?

Debra Clark
Debra Clark Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Reports (Windows)
If you look at the associated image you can see a basic out of the box crappy income vs budget report with no filters...I checked all tabs and everything is set for include all... Note the $358k actual grand total... Look at the line items... they don't come close. To the right is a register report of the checking account. Most of the lines are the same ( interest isn't because of a money market account I didn't include), but the grand total nicely shows you an under $200k balance... The actual difference between the printed grand total and the detail is exactly $168,000. Moderately disconcerting. It means I have to take the report into excel every time I run it to recalculate the grand totals ( which for some obscure non accounting reason are on the top of the detail instead of below it)

It has to do with the inclusion of the transfers category, but they net to $0. They don't display in the income or expense detail. Yet when I exclude them on the category group tab, the report foots fine.

The $168 is also not twice the transfer amount which is $82k.

Puzzling. However, writing up the question at least showed me what to do to fix the report ( exclude the transfer group)

Best Answer

Answers

• Debra Clark
    Debra Clark Member ✭✭
    Interesting. It works. Thank you. However, since this was activity for a prior year, users would typically use the Historic report. The historic report also gives me the same information as the current report if I exclude the transfer group.

Neither of these options passes muster as a user friendly option. As a past programmer, QA person, designer and documentation writer I would call this a bug. However, you did give me an accurate answer, so thank you. Now someone needs to fix it :)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Debra Clark

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

If you haven't done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and fill out the problem report to report this issue.

You will not receive a response, for the submission, however, this information will be forwarded to our development team.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.