Trying to print simple report in QMac 2020

debax
debax Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Reports (Mac)
In my old Q2007 I used to be able to print my checking account register for a specific date range. I could also specify which columns to include. Is there an easy way to do that with Q2020?

BTW, as a new user to Q2020, I've been asking questions to the Q community and have received really good answers. What's the proper etiquette for acknowledging those who have responded?

Best Answers

Answers

• debax
    debax Member ✭✭
    RickO,
    Thanks!! Your option 2 gets me to the 99% mark of what I'm looking for. One remaining issue: I'm noticing Q sets the category column widths when I print, irrespective of how I may have adjusted them on my computer screen prior to printing. If my on-screen column adjustments were kept, I'd be able to have more columns included in my report. If some of the individual entries (e.g., Payee, or Memo/Notes) get truncated, that would be fine with me, but Q seems insistent on making sure all entries are fully displayed in the printout.

Another thing that interferes with the number of columns that fit in the printout is the Q's insistence on displaying "Time" (start and end dates) in column 1. This takes space but adds no information since the dates of the transactions printed give all the information needed.
    Dave
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I also agree that the first column is a waste of space in cases where this is only one entry. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • debax
    debax Member ✭✭
    jacobs (& RickO), OK, this final note does the trick! I see you really can adjust column widths, just not to an exact value (which is a bit confusing, since you have to try multiple times to get an acceptable result). Also, naming and saving the report is nice, which makes it easier to recreate than what I was used to in Q2007. Thanks to the both of you for your help.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.