Out of Balance Totals - Investment Portfolio View Window and Home Account Totals

Options
I have six Schwab investment accounts that I download transactions for and compare my Quicken balances for those accounts. In the Portfolio view, all of the accounts in Quicken match the amounts in my on-line Schwab accounts.

However, recently, for two of the six accounts, the balances on the home page that show individual account balances and Investment Account Daily activity balances no longer match the balances when I look at Portfolio View, although those two summaries on the home page do match each other.

Any ideas? I am quicken R28.10, Build 27.1.28.10
Tagged:

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have generally found that this happens with me when there have been new securities added to my investment accounts.  For me the issue is not usually with Portfolio View but with other views, such as on the Home tab, but that is not always the case.  You might want to click on the gear icons of the reports/graphs that are in disagreement with each other to Customize them.  Make sure All Securities are checked.  While you are in there, make sure all the appropriate Accounts are checked and that accounts you do not want included are not checked.
    Let me know if that fixes the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    Options
    That has not fixed the issue. It seems like when Quicken adds up the account totals that appear on the home page, it is adding numbers into those totals, for two accounts only, that do not match the actual amounts as displayed in Portfolio view.

One item of note and agreement, the issue arose after purchasing a different security. Still, the portfolio view matches the amount in my brokerage account to the penny for all six accounts with the broker, and these totaling numbers on the home page are higher than the balances for two of the accounts. It is like I need a data file rebuild or something because something is being added in that doesn't belong there..
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• aholter66
    aholter66 Member
    Options
    I ended up finding some duplicate txns in my Investment register, not reflected in the Portfolio View. The transactions had similar,names, but different symbols. I handled by getting total cost and share count data from the brokerage, deleting all transactions for both symbols from Quicken, then reentering the total balance with the share count and cost. I have lost lot purchase amounts, but I don't really use anyway. Everything is back in balance again. Thanks for making me think it through.
This discussion has been closed.