Error message that online biller information isn't available when trying to make payment

I keep receiving the following error message:

"This payment cannot be made because the online biller information is not available: click the 'gear' icon in the Bills and income tab and select Manage Online billers. Remove the biller, add it again, and try your payment again"

It isn't isolated to one payee either. 2 are credit cards and the other is a gas company. I find this new bill pay service very unreliable. There is always a different issue to overcome. I cannot pay any bills because of this.

The one good feature is the ability to easily download the statement. This seems to work reliably and saves time.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @EricC

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What is the name of the billers that are you encountering this error message with?

I would like to review the online biller profiles to look for any issues and need the name to confirm and locate them.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Tyka,
    Billers I tried to pay:
    - Home Depot Credit Services
    - Georgia Natural Gas
    - Costco Anywhere VISA (Citi)
    Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @EricC

Thank you for the response and providing the billers, I was able to locate the online biller profiles.

I was able to locate the online billers however I do not see any syncing issues or rejected payments.

Can you please try to go the Bills & Income tab and select the update arrow and update the bills.

Also, do you see an amount due next to the biller or some other message?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • EricC
    EricC Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka,

When I tried to resolve the issue I deleted the entries and re-added. I refreshed... same message. Yes, the amount due was next to the billers.

After trying to fix I ended up paying through my financial institution. I have been using Quicken Bill Pay for over a decade and have had very few issues. This new service is VERY unreliable.
This discussion has been closed.