How to pay a supplemental bill

How do I pay a second or supplemental bill in the middle of the billing cycle for a given biller without altering the underlying billing cycle for their routine bills. For example, I pay my gardener once a month, but mid month he came and did a sprinkler repair and I need to send him a separate check for this.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    You can add any payment request directly into the register and then execute payment. When adding you need to select the Online Send instructions found under the Check # dropdown. If you are using Quicken's Online Bill payment, the selection name is different, but handles the same. After the register entry, run Update/Send from the Online Center to send payment request.
  • Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Geoff: I did as you suggested, however in one step update I now see three account instances of "Quicken Bill Pay - New" , two of which have my original Bill Pay username (used over the years) attached , and the third one has a 5 digit number attached as username that I do not recognize (?related to Bill Manager?). The new payments are populating under this third instance. However when I transmit, I get an OL-332-A error for all 3 accounts that I am not able to correct. I do still have an active bill pay account til the end of this month.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Mark248

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response. 

Please take a moment to navigate to Help > About Quicken and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

When did you first see this duplication? Did any changes or events occur prior to this happening?

If this after an update, have you tried restoring a backup prior to this occurring?

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for above... I was able to resolve the problem by deactivating / reactivating the quicken billpay in my quicken checking accounts.

There is a second issue however:
    From your website I understand that I should have available 6 check payments per month in bill manager as a current billpay user on the Quicken Home and Business platform. ( https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-many-payments-can-i-make-each-month ) , however when I look at available check pays /month in my quicken software, it only shows THREE (see attached screen shot) .
    Please assist with getting my SIX check pays per month.
    I am on Q Windows Subscription R27.42 // 27.1.27.42
This discussion has been closed.