How do I set up and use Direct Connect Bill Pay

This discussion was created from comments split from: Bill Manager is still lacking.

Comments

• pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    In Quicken Mac, if I go to the account I use to pay all my bills, then Settings, the first tab, i.e., the Downloads tab, shows "Financial Institution: Wells Fargo" and it shows "Connection Type: Direct Connect". The second tab, the Bill Pay tab, shows "Bill Pay Provider: Wells Fargo|Bill Pay: On". If I click the button on the Bill Pay tab in Settings "Disable Bill Pay", how is it that I will be able to use Direct Connect with Wells Fargo to continue to pay an unlimited number of bills each month? Do I need to set something up in Quicken or at my bank so that Direct Connect will take over where Bill Pay used to?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @pecopie

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

According to what you have described it sounds as though the Direct Connect Bill Pay is on and active.

If you are unsure as to how to send a payment, please try to create a new transaction and go to "Edit Details" on this newly created transaction.

There should be an online payment tab that you can fill out to send a payment. Do you see this or do you encounter an error when sending payments?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    No apology necessary! Thanks for the reply. I am currently (and for past couple of decades) using Quicken BillPay to make payments from my Wells Fargo checking account. Since Quicken BillPay will be available through 8/31, I do not want to disable it on my checking account. Once Quicken BillPay is gone, so on 9/1, I plan to attempt to set up and use Direct Connect for paying bills through my Wells Fargo checking account. My understanding is that after 9/1 I will be able to use Direct Connect for an unlimited number of payments per month. Is that correct? After 9/1, how do I set up in Quicken for my Wells Fargo checking account to use Direct Connect to make payments?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @pecopie,

Thank you for providing these additional details!

To reiterate what Tyka mentioned above, it does sound like you have everything set up properly in Quicken to pay bills using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo.

In regards to having an unlimited number of payments, you would want to inquire with Wells Fargo directly to determine any limitations and/or fees for this.

You may also consider contacting Quicken Support directly, so that we may engage in a screen sharing session with you, to be sure you have everything enabled properly in Quicken.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support can also help guide you on how to make the payments, etc, if you need assistance with anything further. 

I'd also suggest taking a look at this Support Article for more information regarding Connection Types in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.