You Cannot Remove A Biller with Pending Payments

Options
Was having trouble with my Online Billers not updating, so I wanted to remove them all. All but 4 were removed, but the last 4 show an error "You cannot remove a biller with pending payments." NONE of these billers have a payment pending. In fact, one is a credit card that hasn't even had a transaction for the last 2 years.

I've run a validate and a super validate, with no success.
Quicken for Windows version R28.18

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Patrick Hasenjager,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

I suggest taking a look at the steps outlined here, and then here, to see if they help to resolve this matter for you.

Please let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Natalie

• Patrick Hasenjager
    Patrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Those do not help. I'm not having problem with my online bill pay, but the Online Billers section in "Bills & Income." As I stated, there are no pending payments for these billers with one having not been paid since December 2018 because of not transactions on that card.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Patrick Hasenjager

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the usual steps did not help to solve this issue.

May I ask the names of the billers that you are experiencing this trouble with? I would like to take a look at the online biller profile to look for any issues.

Also, may I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit a problem report and include the error "You cannot remove a biller with pending payments."  as well as the biller names.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Patrick Hasenjager
    Options
    Nebraska Furniture Mart, Netflix, and AT&T (2 different accounts)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for providing the names of the bills. I do not see any pending payments or any errors with these billers.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

After this process has been completed, do you still see the billers? If so please try to remove them once more and let me know if you get an error.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Patrick Hasenjager
    Options
    As I mentioned, I have already done both a validate and a super validate. No errors are encountered and the billers remain.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for confirming that validate has previously been run, although I apologize that I missed that previously. 

If you haven't done so already, please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and choose the "Gear" icon.

Then choose "Validate Online Billers" please let me know the results!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Patrick Hasenjager
    Options
    Didn't mention, but I have done that as well. No errors reported and the billers remain. I did just run again and it removed the AT&T bills, but not the other two.
This discussion has been closed.