Scheduled Downloads

Options

Comments

• swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi, I am long-time Quicken user going back to the DOS version starting in 1992. As I logged on today to download my transactions, I wondered whether it was possible to have quicken automatically run a one-step update each day (or each week, depending on people's interest). I assume not as I haven't seen this feature. Is this something Quicken would consider adding and is there a reason for it not to have been done?

I can only think that perhaps banks won't like the additional traffic to their site but sites like [removed] and others download transactions regularly. (I realize [removed] is a cloud based service but don't see any reason why the desktop version of quicken couldn't run it's auto-update on a set schedule.)
    - Quicken user since DOS version 1993
  • swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using quicken for windows. Is it possible to schedule the download of transactions in the windows version? Some people in this thread have referred to that ability but i can’t find it.
    - Quicken user since DOS version 1993
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @swensen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question. Although I apologize for the confusion.

Scheduling updates is available in the Windows version, however, it is unavailable if using the Starter version.

If you are using Deluxe or above, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    swensen said:
    I am using quicken for windows. Is it possible to schedule the download of transactions in the windows version? Some people in this thread have referred to that ability but i can’t find it.
    The reference in this thread is for Mac. Windows Q has had Schedule Updates for as long as I can remember. Go to  and select Schedule update.
This discussion has been closed.