Can I archive past years of data.

Hi!

It's been a long time since I've used Quicken, but I have a client who wants to attach all documents and store YTD info for access on a VERY small cloud drive (2GB). The transactions over the years have documents that are both small PDF files and much larger TIF/PNG files.

Net result, the QIF file is > 500 MB. I just started managing the files about two months ago. Is there any recommendation? Other than buying more cloud space.

Comments

• krobi6
    krobi6 Member
    I wish I could edit my post. Anyways, I should mention they want to store a copy of the master QIF file on this cloud drive.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @krobi6

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me better understand what you are you needing.

Are you looking for help performing the archive process?

If so, please see the information available in this support article.

If that is not what you are needing, have you already tried this process and are encountering issues moving the file to the cloud drive?

If neither of those, can you please provide a few more details? The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • krobi6
    krobi6 Member
    Thanks for your response. Here's what I did:

1. File -> File Operations -> Year-End Copy
    2. For Current Data File, I chose "I only want transactions in my current data file starting with this date: 1/1/2019
    3. For archive data file, I named it and said I only want transactions up to and including 1/1/2019. I named the archive file
    4. After the copy action, I added a password.
    5. There isn't a "File Use" screen, only a File Archived screen. It prompts, which file would you like to use. My options are Archived File and Current File. I selected "Current File".

Expected behavior: The earliest transaction would be 1/1/2019
    Actual behavior: The transactions go back to the beginning. There are not any unreconciled transactions in the archive file date.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @krobi6

I was taking a look and it seemed like you had everything selected properly when doing the year end copy. Just in case could we double check here I'll post a photo with settings just to double check.

Yours should of looked the same so that we're able to clear out some of those older transactions on your main file. Once you get a chance could you try it again and we'll see if anything changes. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.