Deleting a dataset

Options
Bob@34
Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
I noticed after updating my iOS app several months ago that I had to choose between two sets of synced finances both with the same name. I renamed the dataset in Quicken for Windows and the iOS app picked up the new dataset name but the old name was still there. I logged on to Quicken on the web and they were both there as well. I stopped syncing my finances and the old dataset name was still there but not the new. I've created a dummy finance file and used the old dataset name, synced it and there were three files listed in the iOS app - one with the current name and two with the old name. I cannot get rid of the old dataset name - kind of hard to unsync something that isn't there and I don't feel warm and fuzzy about something existing on the web that I cannot seem to control.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to delete the old dataset from Quicken: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • Bob@34
    Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    And there's the rub. Quicken's iOS app thinks there's two datasets. Quicken's Web app thinks there's two datasets. Sadly, Quicken's Windows desktop program does not. I can neither delete a dataset in the iOS app nor the web app and I certainly can't if the Window's app thinks there's only one - the option to delete a dataset does not appear because there's only one!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob@34 said:
    And there's the rub. Quicken's iOS app thinks there's two datasets. Quicken's Web app thinks there's two datasets. Sadly, Quicken's Windows desktop program does not. I can neither delete a dataset in the iOS app nor the web app and I certainly can't if the Window's app thinks there's only one - the option to delete a dataset does not appear because there's only one!
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Bob@34
    Bob@34 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Figured I'd end up having to do this but thought I should at least give the community a shot. While I had already pursued the avenues you suggested, your note is much appreciated just the same. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.