Help duplicate transactions

Options
Just installed quicken
added my bank accounts (checking/savings)
setup quickenbillpay

Once it downloaded the quickenbillpay transactions, my register was off because they are duplciates of existing transactions in that checking account that are already cleared. How do I, match or fix them.

Do I need to delete the original transaction so the billpay transaction is the only one?
Delete the billpay transaction? (don't want to do that becuase i lose the notes and info)
Is there a way to associate the 2 so only one is figured into the balance?
Something else?

Start over and do it differently?

Help

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @iamtony,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, would you mind posting back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using? You can find this by navigating to Help>About Quicken.

There is a couple of ongoing Discussions regarding issues of this nature that may have some merit towards what you're experiencing.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877356/duplicate-downloaded-entries-after-r27-24-build-27-1-27-24#latest

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879379/todays-update-cause-old-reconciled-transaction-to-be-duplicated-in-several-accounts

If one of these is the same issue that you're having, I'd suggest bookmarking the thread by clicking the yellow star in the upper right corner, so that you may be automatically notified of any updates/changes as they're posted.

Additionally, please see the information available in this Support Article for steps to troubleshoot duplicate downloaded entries in Quicken.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• iamtony
    iamtony Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so very much and I will check those threads out. I did an update to the quicken software (lots of updates it seems since the CD i bought was burned) and now quicken seems to not allow me to do anything with quicken bill pay. Like it has been disabled?

Does this need to be a new thread?
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @iamtony,

Thank you for the additional inquiry and for checking out the referenced threads for this issue!

Yes, I would recommend starting a new thread for the second issue, as it is something entirely different that you're experiencing there.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.