bill pay

does anyone have any good alternatives to Bill Manager now that Bill Pay is done?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to continue schedule online payments from within Quicken using online payees like you did with Quicken Bill Pay, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method. 

Otherwise, I suggest you consider most online billers may be set to automatically charge a credit card or withdraw from a checking account and most financial institution provide free bill pay services.  
  • JerryJ
    JerryJ Member
    so are you saying using this quicken bill manager service is not a good idea?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JerryJ said:
    so are you saying using this quicken bill manager service is not a good idea?
    In my opinion, Quicken Bill Manager's limited payment services will not satisfy some number of Quicken Bill Pay users.  If you're among this group, I identified good alternative approaches you should consider.
  • JerryJ
    JerryJ Member
    where can I find them? Thx
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JerryJ said:
    where can I find them? Thx
    One way to determine the financial institutions that support an online bill payment service from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method is to examine the entries in the FIDIR.TXT file Quicken maintains within in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\LocalWeb\2019 folder.  Financial institutions with support for online bill payment will include PAYMENT.
  • muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    I use Chase bank's bill paying which works well and updates to my Quicken ledger account with One Step Update.  The downside is that it's necessary to go to the Chase website to make payments.  It's too bad Quicken couldn't have made Bill Manager as easy to use as Quicken Billpay was.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    muchy1 said:
    I use Chase bank's bill paying which works well and updates to my Quicken ledger account with One Step Update.  The downside is that it's necessary to go to the Chase website to make payments.  It's too bad Quicken couldn't have made Bill Manager as easy to use as Quicken Billpay was.
    It is not necessary to go to the Chase website to make payments.  Chase supports an online bill payment service from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.  
  • JerryJ
    JerryJ Member
    Thanks, I agree Billpay was simple.
This discussion has been closed.