Budget Screen Scroll Freezes (Q Mobile)

I've submitted feedback from the app multiple times but it doesn't seem to get addressed so I'm trying to post it here as well. I've experience a bug since I started using the quick mobile app back in March. I'm using an iPhone X on with the latest IOS and the latest version of the Quicken app.

The bug I'm experiencing is whenever I go to the budget screen to view my budgets and I scroll down it work fine until I accidently swipe a budget to the left (even ever so slightly accidently) and it will freeze my ability to continue scrolling down. The only way around this that I've found is to go back a screen and then go back into the budget and hope I don't do it again. It's incredibly frustrating and tedious to use this part of the app. It's basically not even practical to use it because of this bug.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it always happens. Fingers crossed this gets someone's attention because it's super frustrating.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @chris.olson & @taswope

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I am also duplicating this behavior in my Mobile data file and have opened a ticket with our Development Teams to investigate further.

At this time I do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, although once one is, it will be included as part of a future App release.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns that the community may assist with.

Sarah

(CTP-1001)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chris.olson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although that you haven't' received a response and that you have been experiencing this issue for some time.

I would like to start by creating a test file to help narrow down the cause of this issue.

Please navigate to File > New and choose "Start from Scratch"

Be sure to enable Mobile and Web Access. Once in the new file please create a budget.

Once this is done, please navigate to the mobile app and select this new file and see if you are able to recreate this issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

I just did this with a brand new Quicken File on Windows and I still see this issue even with a brand new quicken file created from scratch.

Thanks for the help!

Chris Olson
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chris.olson

I was taking a look at the troubleshooting you've done to see what we'd be able to try next. One thing that I can think of here that hasn't been tried yet would be to clearing up some of cache/data if you're on android or performing a soft reset if you're using an apple device. If you're uncomfortable trying to perform  some of the recommendations let us know and we'll see what we can do.

If you are using an apple device I'd recommend searching up your iphone model along with the word soft reset afterwards. For example "Iphone X soft reset". Not each one of the phones have the same steps so you'll just want to make sure. 

For android you're going to want to open your settings app. Next in the settings app select apps. Find the Quicken App and select it. Next select storage. At the bottom of the menu you'll a clear data button and clear cache button as well. 

Once you're able to try either of those options out let us know if you're able to bring up your budget without the crashing If you're unable to let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks 
    Quicken Francisco

• chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco,

First, understand that the issue is NOT that the app is crashing. I can view the budget just fine however when I'm scrolling and you accidently swipe a single budget category to the left it will freeze the ability to scroll further. You have to then click the back button to go out of the entire budget and then back into the budget in order for it to work. I'm on IOS products. It is NOT a soft reset issue. I have troubleshooted this issue many times over many quicken app updates and it always appear. I JUST confirmed this issue on both my ipad and iphone apps. I have tried deleting the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling the app. No matter what I do this issue always appears.

I'm guessing you should be able to replicate this issue on your end if you try it with a test budget on an ios product.

Thanks,

Chris Olson
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @chris.olson

Thank you for the response and further clarification on the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to update the app to recent update.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180

After, the update has been complete, can you confirm if you still see this behavior? 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka

I just updated to the latest app. In addition to just updating the app, I also uninstalled the entire app, rebooted my phone, installed a clean updated copy to the new app.

I just verified that the problem does still exist in the latest update.

Thanks,

Chris Olson
  • taswope
    taswope Member ✭✭
    I have been experiencing the same issue since I’ve been using the app at the beginning of August.

Precisely the same issue that chris.olson described.

I’m running the latest ios for my iPhone 6s. Also using the latest release of the Quicken mobile app.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    Hello @chris.olson & @taswope

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I am also duplicating this behavior in my Mobile data file and have opened a ticket with our Development Teams to investigate further.

At this time I do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available, although once one is, it will be included as part of a future App release.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns that the community may assist with.

Sarah

(CTP-1001)
  • Dennis3769
    Dennis3769 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • taswope
    taswope Member ✭✭
    After the 6.0.3 release, the issue persists.
  • chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    Yeah same here, the latest update still has this issue
  • chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah just wanted you to know that as of the latest update just released this issue is still present.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi @chris.olson

Thanks for the confirmation :)

It looks like the ticket we opened is still in progress, but I'll add an update that this behavior persists in the latest 6.1.0 release.

Thanks again,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.