What phone number does 2 factor authentication texts come from

What phone number does 2 factor authentication texts come from - I never get the texts and maybe I have blocked the number

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Multiple factor authentication would be with the financial institution.  As such there wouldn't be "a number", it would be up to the financial institution.  This isn't something that the Quicken/Intuit servers are sending.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @risney,

Which financial institution is involved?  Are you just setting up the account in Quicken, or have you been successfully connecting with the account and things recently changed?  More details may help us help you.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• risney
    risney Member, Windows Beta Beta
    What I am referring to, sorry for not being clear, is when logging into signin.quicken.com I am prompted for the code that was sent via text to log into the quicken website. I never get the text so I am thinking perhaps I have inadvertently blocked the number that is sending the texts for 2fa to log into the site.
  • risney
    I am able to get the code via an email and have verified my mobile number in my profile and it is correct.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @risney,

Yes, if you've verified that the correct mobile number is in your profile AND you can get the code by email but not on your phone, it seems like your phone settings may be the problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• risney
    Correct. That is why I am trying to find out the phone number that Quicken sends it's texts from for site log in validation purposes.
  • risney
    Thank you for the link
This discussion has been closed.