How will Quicken charge for additional Check Pay transactions over the allowance?

I am sending over 20 online checks every month using Quicken Bill pay, and those are now Check Pay. The monthly allowance is for 3 transactions. I don't have vendors that allow Quick pay and I have auto payments for all vendors that offer the service. I remember reading that Quicken would charge and allow additional transactions, but I don't see any recent information about this. Please don't tell me that Quicken will force me to go back to mailing paper checks. We are forced into this new system, paying more and getting less. I used Quicken Deluxe for many years and was forced to buy Premier to be able to use Bill Pay, and now you are removing that capability.

Answers

• Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    Quicken should not stop Bill Pay until they are able to give us the same functionality we currently have. BILL MANAGER IS A BIG STEP BACKWARDS.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Qkenoldie said:
    Quicken should not stop Bill Pay until they are able to give us the same functionality we currently have. BILL MANAGER IS A BIG STEP BACKWARDS.

Quicken is not stopping Quicken Bill Pay.  It is Metavante Payment Services has decided to stop their Quicken Bill Pay service.

If you want to issue online payments from within Quicken and you find Quick Pay inadequate, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  

You may also want to consider that most online billers may be set to automatically charge a credit card or withdraw from a checking account.  If you need more payments, consider using a free bill pay service provided by most financial institutions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Qkenoldie said:
    I am sending over 20 online checks every month using Quicken Bill pay, and those are now Check Pay. The monthly allowance is for 3 transactions. I don't have vendors that allow Quick pay and I have auto payments for all vendors that offer the service. I remember reading that Quicken would charge and allow additional transactions, but I don't see any recent information about this. Please don't tell me that Quicken will force me to go back to mailing paper checks. We are forced into this new system, paying more and getting less. I used Quicken Deluxe for many years and was forced to buy Premier to be able to use Bill Pay, and now you are removing that capability.

The current payment allotment plans are documented at: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-many-payments-can-i-make-each-month  

Quicken has also stated they plan to offer plans with more payments soon: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-windows-frequently-asked-questions

We were never forced to use Premier to be able to use Quicken Bill Pay

Your monthly Check Pay limit should be 6 for Premier or 15 if you have been paying  $9.95 a month for Quicken Bill Pay and continue to pay $9.95 for Quick Pay and Check Pay.  I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

• Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    I setup, schedule and send my Payments from my accounts using Quicken, I don’t set up my payments at the bank portal. This is what I know and call online payments. I am not paying additional for that service and I am not limited on the number of transactions allowed. Apparently Bill Pay is a separate service that is paid for.
    From your posting I understand that I have not been using Bill Pay and that I can continue to send my online payments as usual because this is a service from my bank that I can execute from Quicken. So, Bill Pay and now Bill Manager Check Pay is for users that can't send online payments through their bank. Thank you very much for clarifying.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Qkenoldie said:
    I setup, schedule and send my Payments from my accounts using Quicken, I don’t set up my payments at the bank portal. This is what I know and call online payments. I am not paying additional for that service and I am not limited on the number of transactions allowed. Apparently Bill Pay is a separate service that is paid for.
    From your posting I understand that I have not been using Bill Pay and that I can continue to send my online payments as usual because this is a service from my bank that I can execute from Quicken. So, Bill Pay and now Bill Manager Check Pay is for users that can't send online payments through their bank. Thank you very much for clarifying.
    You had said you were using Quicken Bill Pay to send over 20 online payments (by check).

If you are not paying for the online bill payment service and are able to issue more than 15 online payments each month, I suspect you are already using the online payment services provided by a financial institution that allows you to issue online payments from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.   

Again, Premier is not required to issue online payments.  You may want to consider downgrading to Deluxe: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription

This discussion has been closed.